This session will guide you through a variety of topics which will help you understand and prevent bullying and hazing in school. By the time the session is over, you should be able to understand why bullying and hazing are a problem; recognize bullying and hazing, whether you witness it or it happens to you; understand the reasons behind bullying and hazing; understand the negative effects that bullying and hazing can have; take steps to raise awareness and help prevent bullying and hazing; and know how to better confront bullying and hazing when it happens and help your students deal with it.
Why “Bullying Prevention in School” Matters:
- Prevent devastating effects that occur because of bullying.
- Raise awareness of the dangers of bullying and hazing.
- Helps understand what bullying is and how to stop it.
- Bullying can occur across generations.
- Bullies are potentially very dangerous people and must be reported.
- Know how to recognize bullying and hazing and report it, even if you are just a witness.
- Bullying and hazing can have devastating, lifelong effects on victims.
- Involve yourself and your students to raise awareness of the dangers bullying and hazing at your school.
- Understand how to take measures to prevent bullying and hazing, and to appropriately react to incidents.
- Know your state’s laws regarding bullying and hazing.