The main objective of this particular session is to help you understand what chronic stress is and how you can help employees who are dealing with it. By the end of the session, you will be able to understand what chronic stress is, know the causes and symptoms, understand how it can affect work, know what the law says, and learn how to handle employees with chronic stress.
Why “Chronic Stress” Matters:
- 72% of people who have daily stress say that it impacts their daily lives, including work.
- 56% of people say that stress most often impacts their workplace performance.
- More than 75% of people who say that stress affects their work say that it also impacts their personal lives.
- Chronic stress can be caused by various triggers.
- Chronic stress can have a big impact on workplace productivity.
- Chronic stress may be covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- You need to know what to do if an employee has chronic stress.