The main objective of this session is to teach you how to use delegation as a core tool in managing your project. By the time this session, is over you will be able to recognize the role of delegation in helping a project succeed, learn why delegating is valuable, understand the delegation process, realize the importance of giving and receiving feedback, and understand factors that put delegation at risk of failing.
Why “Delegation for Project Management” Matters:
Delegation is a highly effective motivational tool. It provides the team with challenges as well as opportunities for development and advancement.
Delegation is also a key time management technique, since it up more time for you to focus on managing the work rather than on actually performing tasks that can be done equally well by your team.
You will be able to tap into a unique combination of specific skills, so you have higher quality input and output.
- Your role is to provide leadership, support, and encouragement throughout the project.
- The success of any project depends on the strength and effectiveness of the team.
- Delegation allows the team to be more efficient and productive.
- It builds skills, knowledge, and confidence.
- Delegation helps motivate team members and encourages participation.