By the end of this presentation, you will understand your responsibility to provide an SPCC plan that includes required inspections, employee training, adequate facility security, spill prevention procedures, spill countermeasures, spill reporting procedures, emergency response plans, and provisions for periodic plan review and amendments.
Why “EPA’s Spill Prevention, Control, Countermeasures Plan” Matters:
Your SPCC plan must include provisions for:
- Required inspections;
- Employee training;
- Adequate facility security;
- Spill prevention procedures;
- Spill countermeasures;
- Spill reporting procedures;
- Emergency response plans; and
- Periodic plan review and amendments.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) regulations require regulated oil storage facilities to develop and implement oil spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC) plans.
- Plans must be written, certified, and have full management approval and support.
- Your plan must provide for spill prevention as well as include spill countermeasures.
- And finally, oil-handling employees must be trained to perform their jobs safely and respond effectively in an emergency.