This interactive course helps employees identify ergonomic risk factors on the job, recognize the signs and symptoms of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), lift and carry objects safely, and take other precautions to prevent ergonomic injuries.
Why “Ergonomics for Healthcare Workers” Matters:
- Ergonomics is the science of fitting jobs to the people who work in them. In other words, instead of trying to force employees to do things that could cause strain and pain, redesign the job to make it more comfortable and safer to perform.
- Understanding the basic principles of ergonomics will help employees work more safely and avoid injuries caused by lifting, bending, and all the other physical exertions.
- How to recognize MSD symptoms;
- Be aware of the ergonomic risk factors in your job;
- Take proper precautions to prevent injuries;
- And finally, report any MSD symptoms immediately and seek medical treatment.