This refresher course will give you the main points to remember about fire extinguishers. For more complete information, be sure to take the full-length course.
Course Duration: 8 minutes
Why “Fire Extinguishers: Refresher” Matters:
- A fire extinguisher is a safety necessity in any home, office, manufacturing facility, construction site, and even vehicles.
- Workplace fires and explosions injure more than 5,000 workers each year and fatally injure more than 200 workers each year.
- Choosing the right type of extinguisher for the fire is crucial, otherwise you could spread the fire instead of extinguish it.
- Make sure you know the proper type of extinguisher to use for different classes of fire and the location of those extinguishers.
- Learn how to use an extinguisher effectively and how to inspect extinguishers to be sure they are in good condition.
- Only fight small, contained fires with an extinguisher, and be prepared to evacuate if the fire spreads.