The main objective of this session is to help you maintain high-quality front desk operations. By the time the session is over, you will be able to interact efficiently and effectively with guests; provide the highest quality service; handle all your duties professionally and successfully; resolve any problems or complaints quickly and cordially; and encourage guest satisfaction and loyalty.
Why “Front Desk Operations” Matters:
- You are most often the first contact guests have with your hotel.
- First impressions are often lasting ones.
- Most of the contact guests have with hotel staff during their stay is with you at the front desk.
- You are largely responsible for making sure guests have a positive experience.
- The front desk is the gateway for guest interactions with other hotel departments like housekeeping or maintenance.
- The front desk is the administrative hub of the hotel—from check-in to checkout.
- You help your hotel stand out from competitors and encourage customer loyalty and word-of-mouth advertising for your hotel.
- You play a critical role in guest satisfaction.
- Be well-informed about all aspects of the hotel and its policies and procedures.
- Always be ready to assist guests with prompt, professional service.
- If guests enjoy their stay, they are more likely to become repeat customers.