This presentation covers basic employee training requirements for employees involved in hazardous waste management. The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) authorizes the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to regulate hazardous waste from generation to disposal. Facilities that generate, transport, treat, store, or dispose of hazardous waste are subject to the waste management rules promulgated under Subtitle C of RCRA.
Why “Hazardous Waste: Regulatory Analysis” Matters:
It is important to understand your responsibility to provide an
introductory hazardous waste training program for employees that includes:
- Identification of waste hazards;
- Description of proper storage procedures;
- Discussion of RCRA documentation and recordkeeping requirements;
- Explanation of safe work practices and personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Review of emergency equipment and procedures.
Employees must be trained to:
- Identify waste hazards;
- Follow required waste storage procedures;
- Understand RCRA documentation and recordkeeping requirements;
- Use safe work practices; and
- Respond effectively in an emergency.