The main objective of this session is to help you ensure that your home is safe. By the time this session is over, you will be able to identify hazards in your home, eliminate or minimize them; and keep your home and your family secure.
Why “Home Safety” Matters:
A home can be just as dangerous as a workplace, and an injury can have you laid up for days or weeks. Or you could even be permanently disabled and not be able to perform your current job. That’s why it’s important to think about home safety. After all, safety is a 24/7 concern for all of us.
- There are many hazards in most homes.
- Take the same safety precautions you take at work at home.
- Routinely check your home for hazards.
- Eliminate or minimize recognized hazards right away.
- Develop a home escape plan, and practice it with your family.