The main objective of this particular session is to help you understand what insomnia is and how you can help employees who are dealing with insomnia.
By the end of the session, you will be able to understand insomnia, know what causes it, know how to prevent it, understand what treatment options are available, learn how to handle employees with insomnia, and be clear as to what the law says about insomnia.
Why “Insomnia” Matters:
- According to the journal SLEEP, a whopping 367 million workdays are lost each year in the United States alone due to insomnia. That equates to a loss of almost $92 billion.
- Insomnia varies in how long it lasts and how often it occurs.
- Insomnia can come and go, with periods of time with no sleep problem.
- Insomnia is a serious illness, and it can have a big impact on your employees.
- Insomnia has a huge impact on workplace productivity.
- Insomnia falls under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) if it is chronic and impacts daily activities.
- You need to know what to do if an employee has insomnia.