The health and wellness of our families has a great impact on our lives. How often do employees have to stay home or worry about an ailing family member? How much in healthcare costs do the employer and employee bear for family members? It’s significant. Therefore, in any effective workplace wellness program, guidance on improving and maintaining the health of family members is vital. This online wellness course is designed to help employees identify risk areas in the health and wellness of their families, use effective strategies for helping improve the health and wellness of family members, and apply good practices for maintaining health. Preventive care, nutrition, exercise, and other factors play important roles. The benefits to you, the employer, in helping your employees with this challenge, are numerous, from lower healthcare costs to increased employee productivity.
Why “Keeping Yourself—and Your Family—Healthy” Matters:
Employees account for only about 30 percent of healthcare cost, while dependents account for the remaining 70 percent.
All the benefits of improved health and wellness that apply to your employee apply to his or her family members as well, resulting in markedly lower employer health-related costs.
Wellness is often a collaborative effort; families support and learn from each other, so it’s important to understand unique wellness issues associated with other family members, such as age-related, gender-related, and genetically related health issues.
The main objective of this session is to focus attention on the wellness of employees’ families. By the end of the session, trainees will be able to:
- Appreciate the win-win nature of wellness; that is, why it’s good for you and good for your family.
- Understand the most common wellness challenges and what to do about them.
- Help your family get—and stay—healthier.