This course focuses on the importance of setting goals to guide and develop employee performance. It examines the criteria for effective performance goals and covers the steps in the goal-setting and review process. The information trainees learn in this session help them strengthen the performance appraisal process, as well as supervise and motivate your employees more successfully. The main objective of this course is to help your managers and supervisors use goals to guide and improve employee performance so that all your employees can achieve at their highest potential. By the time the session is over, trainees should be able to:
- Understand the benefits of setting performance goals;
- Tailor goals to the needs of each employee;
- Set goals to motivate superior performance; and
- Incorporate goals successfully into the appraisal process.
Why “Performance Goals: How Goals Help Supervisors Manage Employees More Effectively” Matters:
Performance goals are an essential supervisory tool.
They communicate your expectations concerning the job performance and the expectations of the organization. Performance goals establish the parameters of acceptable performance. They tell employees exactly what they need to do to be successful in their jobs.
Performance goals also set standards by which to measure employee performance. Without goals, it’s hard or impossible to evaluate performance. Without goals, there’s no way to be certain whether employees are living up to expectations.
Performance goals provide a pathway to employee improvement, growth, and opportunity. Performance goals are really a road map for employee success. They help guide and encourage career development.
Performance goals are powerful motivators. Goals point the way forward and encourage employees to perform at their best to meet the challenges of their work.
Performance goals motivate and direct employee achievement.
- They are essential to the success of employees, your department, and the organization.
- Work together with employees to develop meaningful and useful goals.
- Link each performance goal to an action plan to ensure achievement.