The main objective of this session is to tell you about how you can prepare for weather emergencies and other natural disasters and what you should do when these events occur so that you can survive them safely. By the time this session is over, you will be able to recognize the hazards of weather emergencies and other natural disasters; follow workplace emergency procedures; develop a family emergency plan; and increase your chances of surviving emergencies and minimizing property damage.
Why “Preparing for Weather Emergencies” Matters:
This presentation discusses how to prepare for weather emergencies and other natural disasters. It explains the hazards often associated with these events, as well as the precautions you need to take on the job to keep safe. It also explains what you need to do at home to protect your family and your property.
- Know the hazards of weather emergencies;
- Understand our workplace emergency plan;
- Develop a family emergency plan;
- Put together a disaster supply kit; and
- Be prepared to take the proper precautions to survive any natural disasters that could strike our area.