The main objective of this session is to discuss office hazards on campus and the safety precautions campus office workers need to take to prevent accidents and injuries. By the time this session is over, those who participate in this session should be able to recognize office hazards, know what to do in emergencies, take proper precautions to avoid accidents, reduce ergonomic risk factors, use proper lifting techniques, and manage stress effectively.
Why “Preventing Office Hazards on Campus” Matters:
- It’s important that all school employees are properly trained so they know how to prevent or respond to hazards in the workplace.
- But the fact is that your school offices have many of the same hazards as other work environments, and a surprising number of accidents and injuries occur at the office.
- As a campus administrator, you have a duty to help employees understand their role in maintaining a safe office environment.
- Offices have more hazards than most people think.
- Keep alert to hazards and take precautions to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Know how to respond to emergencies.
- Reduce exposure to ergonomic risk factors.
- Always lift safely.
- Recognize symptoms of stress and take steps to manage it effectively.