Problems are a fact of daily working life. Being an effective supervisor or manager requires the ability to manage problems effectively. The main objective of this session is to help trainees become highly effective problem solvers. By the time the session is over, trainees should be able to:
- Understand the important role problem-solving plays in your job;
- Identify the basic steps in the problem-solving process; and
- Apply a variety of effective techniques to solve workplace problems.
Why “Problem Solving for Supervisors” Matters:
Problems are a fact of daily working life. They can’t be avoided. The best you can do is recognize them and try to solve them before they cause more problems.
Learning to identify problems and develop effective solutions is one of the biggest challenges any supervisor faces. At the same time, the skill with which you deal with problems on the job has a direct impact on your effectiveness as a supervisor and on your career success.
The problem-solving methods you will learn in this session can help you identify and resolve work problems more quickly and effectively and, consequently, be more successful in your job.
- Problem solving is an important part of the job of any manager or supervisor.
- The skill with which you solve problems has a direct impact on your effectiveness as a supervisor and your career success.
- Be sure to take advantage of input from employees, colleagues, and others.
- By taking a step-by-step approach and applying a variety of techniques, you can solve any problem.