This online respiratory protection safety course is designed to help protect employees from the effects of airborne hazardous substances in the workplace. This course will teach employees to identify the hazards of airborne contaminants; identify and use appropriate respiratory protection; recognize the limitations and capabilities of respirators in our workplace; and inspect, maintain, and store respirators.
Why “Respiratory Protection Training” Matters:
- The Respiratory Protection Standard is in the top five most frequently cited OSHA violations.
- There were more than 4,000 violations of the Standard in one recent year.
- More than $1.2 million in penalties were assessed for Respiratory Protection Standard violations in one recent
- Understand the physical and health hazards of dangerous airborne substances in your work area.
- Make sure appropriate engineering controls are implemented before using a respirator.
- Know how to properly don and doff, fit, use, inspect, clean, and store respirators.
- Inspect respirators and cartridges before each use.
- Always make sure the right respirator and cartridge are matched for the appropriate working conditions and contaminants.