During this training session, you will learn about school bus driver safety. This information is not only for school bus drivers but also for any school administrators, who need to be familiar with bus safety rules. School buses are one of the safest types of travel for students. This course will cover the important task you have of delivering student passengers safely to school or home. It is your job to continue to be as alert and prepared as possible and rely on your knowledge and skill to deliver your students to and from school safely.
Why “School Bus Safety For Drivers and Administrators” Matters:
- Know the federal laws regarding inspecting and maintaining the school bus.
- Although school buses are considered to be the safest form of transportation for students, it is important to know what you can do to ensure students arrive safely at school every day.
- You are responsible for the safety of your students and must develop a “take-charge mentality.”
- Know the proper procedures when encountering road hazards and different situations that may arise on the bus.
- Always check the bus before and after any trips.
- Develop and go over your school bus rules with your student passengers for their safety. Having this set of rules is the greatest form of safety for the students.
- You need to constantly be aware of your students as they enter and exit the bus and also when encountering railroad crossings and other obstacles.