The main objective of this session is to help you comply with SPCC requirements for agriculture; understand your facility’s SPCC Plan and procedures; prevent spills; and maintain an SPCC Plan and procedures in compliance with regulations as conditions change.
Why “SPCC for Agriculture” Matters:
This training program is important for you for several reasons:
- Spills can cause injuries to people and damage to the environment.
- A key element of the SPCC regulations calls for agricultural facilities to have spill prevention plans, called SPCC plans. You need to understand the requirements for these plans.
- The SPCC regulation also require you to take a variety of measure to prevent spills that could damage water resources needed for farming operations- for example, inspecting and testing tanks to detect damage or leaks.
- Many agricultural facilities are covered by SPCC regulations.
- What’s required under SPCC regulations.
- How to develop and maintain a written SPCC Plan.
- Effective steps to prevent spills.
- How to inspect oil containers and know how to respond to spills.