The main objective of this session is to help you comply with spill prevention, control, and countermeasure (SPCC) requirements for agriculture, understand your facility’s SPCC plan and procedures, prevent spills, and maintain an SPCC plan and procedures in compliance with regulations as conditions change.
Why “SPCC for Agriculture” Matters:
This training program is important for you for several reasons:
- Spills can cause injuries to people and damage to the environment.
- A key element of the SPCC regulations calls for agricultural facilities to have spill prevention plans, called SPCC plans. You need to understand the requirements for these plans.
- The SPCC regulation also require you to take a variety of measure to prevent spills that could damage water resources needed for farming operations—for example, inspecting and testing tanks to detect damage or leaks.
- Many agricultural facilities are covered by SPCC regulations.
- What’s required under SPCC regulations.
- How to develop and maintain a written SPCC plan.
- Effective steps to prevent spills.
- How to inspect oil containers and know how to respond to spills.