This course discusses effective training in all its stages, from assessing the needs at your workplace to developing a culture where training is ongoing and seen as an essential part of every job. By the time the session is over, trainees should be able to:
- Assess training needs at your workplace.
- Identify training objectives to meet these needs.
- Understand the elements of adult learning. This will help you train adults effectively.
- Develop effective training sessions that enhance learning through participation.
- And finally, foster or encourage a culture of continued learning.
Why “Training the Trainer: Effective Techniques for Dynamic Training” Matters:
Effective training of employees is essential in today’s workplace. Few people come to a job knowing exactly how to do it in a safe and responsible manner. Today’s workforce is notably mobile—most workers change not only jobs but careers several times during their working years.
We also live in a time of technological advances and rapid changes in the regulatory environment.
Employers face challenges in cultivating and developing employees for the long term.
For all these reasons, effective training is more important than ever. But trainers themselves need to be trained, to increase their effectiveness and their comfort level with the job.
- Identify training objectives.
- Understand the elements of adult learning.
- Develop effective training sessions.
- Foster a culture of continued learning.