Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls for Healthcare Workers
The main objective of this session is to help you avoid slip, trip, and fall hazards and prevent accidents. By the time this session is over, you will be able to recognize slips, trips, and falls as a serious safety problem, Identify slip, trip, and fall hazards on the job, avoid and eliminate slip and trip hazards, use stair and ladders safely to avoid falls, and minimize injuries if you do fall.
Duration: 17 Minutes
Why "Preventing Slips, Trips, and Falls for Healthcare Workers" Matters
- According to the CDC, 265,000 workers in the US sustained nonfatal injuries from slips, trips, and falls in a recent year, each resulting in one or more days away from work.
- Slips, trips, and falls result in 17% of all nonfatal workplace injuries, the highest frequency of injury of any single regulated activity.
- More than 750 workers die each year in workplace falls.
- Patients and visitors are also at risk of slips, trips, and falls in our facility unless we take proper precautions to protect them.
- Keep walkways clean and clear;
- Clean up spills promptly and pick up trip hazards from the floor;
- Make sure stairs and ladders are safe, and use them carefully;
- Walk slowly, watch where you're going, and wear proper shoes; and
- Don't carry loads that block your vision.
A Complete Training Solution
In addition to this training course content, with TrainingToday you get a complete course, and our entire training solution that includes administrator tools, reports, and analysis.
Get more information about TrainingToday »