This training presentation will explain the steps of progressive discipline and help you use this disciplinary system consistently and fairly to manage employee behavior and performance. At the end of the training session, you will be able to apply progressive discipline steps fairly and consistently, identify laws and policy requirements affecting discipline, conduct effective disciplinary meetings, and document disciplinary action properly.
Duration: 21 minutes
Why "Progressive Discipline" Matters
Here are some reasons why we are conducting this class. The effective use of progressive discipline offers you, your employees, and the organization several important benefits. Progressive discipline:
- Establishes expectations and predictability;
- Applies consequences fairly and consistently;
- Corrects inappropriate behavior and poor performance;
- Helps rehabilitate employees with potential; and
- Protects against complaints and lawsuits.
- Steps in progressive discipline: oral warning, written warning, suspension, and termination.
- Be consistent and follow company policy.
- Help employees correct discipline problems.
- Protect yourself and the organization by documenting disciplinary actions.
A Complete Training Solution
In addition to this training course content, with TrainingToday you get a complete course, and our entire training solution that includes administrator tools, reports, and analysis.
Get more information about TrainingToday »